Running CA SPSL and FFCRA Concurrently
To record hours towards both CA SPSL and FFCRA, and only pay an amount towards FFCRA.
Payroll Only Accounts
You will need to add both FFCRA hours and CA SPSL hours on the employee’s pay statement. When you process your next scheduled payroll, add both FFCRA and CA SPSL hours in the ‘Add/Edit Pay Statements’ step.
- By adding hours for both FFCRA and CA SPSL it will deduct hours from both FFCRA and CA SPSL balances. This will only pay out an amount for FFCRA.
- From the ‘Payroll Prep’ screen click ‘Add/Edit Pay Statements
- Edit the Employee’s pay statement by clicking the icon.
- Add a check line for CA SPSL and add the HOURS ONLY
- Add a check line for FFCRA and add the HOURS ONLY
- Click ‘Save’ and then click ‘Preview’ to preview the pay statement
- You will see that FFCRA displays a paid amount AND hours, and that CA SPSL only displays hours
- You should not see an amount being paid under CA SPSL. If you do, please reach out to your Client Support Team to correct this before you submit payroll.