If attempting to hire an employee previously terminated, an error will be received “Social Security Number is used by another account.” You will need to re-hire their previous employee record.
- From your Dashboard, select the ‘Other Employee Information link’ in the Employee Changes start widget
- Change the Employee Status column filter to display “=” “Terminated”, then select
- By default the system is filtering out all ‘Terminated’ statuses
- Click the Employee Information icon to edit the employee’s record
- Select the button next to the Account Status field
- Enter the date to Rehire As Of then select the button on the right The employee’s Account Status has now been returned to ‘Active’. The system will display a message to review all settings to ensure base compensation, badge #, direct deposit account #, tax settings, scheduled deductions, vacation balances, etc are still accurate.
Employee Re-Hired/Hired Dates may need to be updated:
- If you are re-hiring an employee and you want them to complete the waiting period again (i.e. Sick accruals have a 60 day waiting period or benefit enrollments have a 30 day waiting period), match the ‘Re-Hired’ and ‘Hired’ date. The system will review the “Hired” date to determine tenure and waiting period time frame.
- If you are re-hiring an employee and you do NOT want them to go through the waiting period again and to be eligible immediately for Sick or benefit enrollment, leave the ‘Hired’ date as their original date
If you are utilizing schedules, the rehired employee will need to have their schedule manually generated for the current and next pay period
- Ensure the employee has a Work Schedule Profile assigned with their current schedule pattern
- Select the hamburger menu icon in the top left and navigate to Manage Time > Scheduling > Setup Schedules > Generate Schedules
- In the “Select Dates” fields, enter the employees Re-Hired date as the ‘From’ date and enter the last date in the following pay period as the ‘To’ date
- This is the date range the schedule will be populated for, going forward the system will auto populate for the next 2 pay periods automatically
- Check the box next to the employee you need to manually generate the schedule for, the click ‘Generate’
- When reviewing the rehired employees timesheet, you will now see a shift populated under the ‘Schedule’ column