Update existing employee:
- Using your menu, go to Team > My Team > Employee Information
- Click the Employee Information icon to edit the existing employee
- Under the ‘Main’ tab, go to the Profiles widget to assign the employee a Benefit Profile labeled ‘Benefit Eligible’ with the employee’s enrollment eligibility date (if you are utilizing a ‘PT to FT Date’ to track when employees are switched from Part Time to Full Time status, be sure to select the correlating Benefit Profile)
- Click the by the blank Benefit Profile they were assigned at hire, to add the new ‘Benefits Eligible’ profile and effective date
- If the Benefit Profile assigned has a future effective date, the widget ‘Benefit Profile -Enrollment Override’ will allow the employee to see the available enrollment options prior to that date. Manually enter the dates you would like to allow the employee to view the benefits; otherwise, leave date fields blank if the effective date of the Benefit Profile is prior or current to today.
After the employee has selected or waived benefits (For a Life Change Event or Open Enrollment):
- Go to: Team > Benefits > Enrollment Requests > Change Requests Detail
- A. View Selected: Will view the complete benefit selection as it appeared to the employee.
- B. Approve: Will approve the selected change request.
- C. Mark as Complete: Selection will be marked ‘completed’.
- D. Reject: To reject the selected change request, this option will prompt you to enter a rejection reason that will be sent to the employee via email.
- E. Undo Completion: To undo the change request after its been marked ‘completed’.
- F. View Account Benefit Plans: Will view all the accounts with a current active plan.
- G. View Change Requests Summary: A summarized view of each benefit change request.
*If an Evidence of Insurability is required for enrollment, be sure to download and review the submitted form prior to approving. If not already available, be sure to add the “Button: Download Evidence of Insurability” and “Is Evidence of Insurability Required” columns to your report
- Once the change request is approved/rejected, the system will send an email notification to the employee informing them of the change request status.
- To view all employees and their status in the Open Enrollment process:
- Team > Benefits > Reports > Benefit Open Enrollment Status
- Open Enrollment Announcements can be set up under:
- Admin > Company Settings > Our Company > Announcements
- Document Storage can be used for the Open Enrollment Package or any other pertinent information under:
- Admin > Company Settings > Our Company > Document Upload
If utilizing the ACA Module, you’ll want to review a report prior to open enrollment to see which employees are eligible for benefits based on their ACA Status for the Standard Measurement Period:
- From your dashboard, in the ‘Reports’ widget select the link for Other Reports this will take you to your My Saved Reports library
- Filter for the report saved as “Variable EE After Standard Measurement Period” and select the run report icon on the left
- Any employees listed in this report need to be offered benefits. They have averaged 130 hours monthly during the Standard Measurement Period
- Follow the above steps for “Update Existing Employee” to update the employee to benefit eligible and to give them the ability to perform Open Enrollment